Did you know that the few websites on the first page of Google get a total of 95% of all web traffic? Yes, 95%. The other pages get only 5% of the traffic. This was revealed in a study by Infront Webworks.
Therefore, it is paramount for every business owner who wants to take advantage of the Google traffic to ensure that they rank highly on the search engine.
However, ranking on the first page doesn’t come easily. It requires endless efforts and continuous learning. The Google algorithm is always changing and therefore, you have to keep yourself updated.
Here are some of the MUST DOS to optimize your website for a higher Google ranking.
Having outbound and inbound links on your site is essential. Traditionally, there were several ways to build links to your site and improve its ranking. However, Google updates penalize all links that are not natural and have been gained in black hat methods.
- Ensure that your site is mobile friendly
Today, more than 60% of users access the internet from their mobile devices. Therefore, Google wants to make sure that these users get access to the most valuable resources. Thus, the Google algorithm favors the sites that are optimized for mobile devices.
Take this Mobile-Friendly Test to see if your website is optimized for mobile devices.
- On Page SEO
There are several things that you should do as an entrepreneur to improve the on-page SEO. Some of these things include:
Always publish quality and valuable content that is keyword optimized
Update your site on a regular basis. At the same time, delete all the zombie pages. Zombie pages are pages in your site that have outlived their usefulness. Alternatively, upgrade the old content so that it can resonate with the current times and add value to the readers.
Optimize your title, description and keyword metadata so that they can all describe the content on your site.
- Check your site loading Page
It has been discovered that the site loading page profoundly influences your ranking. Therefore, it is critical to ensure that your site is optimized to load as quickly as possible. Many tools and plugins can help you to diagnose why your site is loading slowly.
- Familiarize yourself with Google Algorithm
The fact is, no one knows the inner working of the Google algorithm. However, experts have studied various metrics to try and understand how the ‘beast’ works.
All in all, there is no better teacher than history. Google has made public some of its algorithm updates such as the Mobile Friendly Update,Penguin, and Hummingbird updates. You can learn about all the historical algorithm updates here.
When most entrepreneurs are starting up, they might be working on a budget. Therefore, they choose to develop a website all by themselves to save the cost of hiring a website developer. However, if you want to rank quickly as an entrepreneur, it is paramount to hire a professional despite your perceived financial situation.
It would be wise to look for other sources of funds to invest in the business. If you can’t get a loan from the bank due to bad credit and you do not want to ask a loan from a friend or colleague, you can check out online platforms that give loans regardless of your credit score. One main financial reviews is one such platform where you can get a quick loan to hire a web-developer or start your business.