There’s nothing like a garden blooming with flowers. Their bold hues, captivating beauty, and enticing aromas are perfect for embracing and enjoying summers. But, if your garden starts to lose its beauty and charm as the temperature rises, then you need these summer flowers to make your garden stand out.
The list contains 10 beautiful summer flowers. You can choose the one that goes best with your style of gardening and landscape.
- Yarrow: These dainty white color flowers will add elegance to your garden with minimal care. They can thrive under the shade, but they bloom to their full potential under bright sunlight and well-drained soil.
- Foxgloves: If you are looking to add to your garden some statement flowers that can be allured from a distance, then consider foxgloves. Foxgloves can easily reach up to fix feet, and come in a slew of colours, ranging from pink to white. They bloom in the early summers.
- Carnations: These ruffled flowers are the symbol of love and distinctions; carnations will beautify your garden with bold and eye-attracting varieties. Carnations bloom in all shades and can grow up to 24 inches.
- Hibiscus: Make your garden a focal point of attraction by planting vibrant, trumpet-shaped Hibiscus. Hibiscus blossoms in a range of colours. Due to their strong form, colour, and nectar, it attracts hummingbirds and butterflies. It requires tons of water and fertilizer in its growing phase.
- Oriental Lilies: Oriental Lilies are avowed for their fragrance and large flowers. Their alluring beauty is a sight to behold. And, what makes them the perfect choice is low-care requirements, just moist soil and ample sunlight.
- Gladiolus: It’s a popular summer flower. Add distinct beauty to your garden by planting Gladiolus. The flowers need well-drained soil, an abundance of sunlight, and a moderate amount of moisture to flourish.
- Rudbeckia: Rudbeckia is cheerful flowers, mostly in yellow colour. Some of the varieties of this flower bloom in the summer months. They are considered to be low-maintenance because these flowers require a lot of sunlight with well-drained soil.
- Begonias: Begonias bloom in 1000 different types in an array of colours, shapes, sizes. Bring to your garden an array of beauty with these flowers. Give them moist soil, humidity, and partial shade to grow.
- Amaranthus: If you want in your garden some exotic species, then have Amaranthus, also known as Amaranth in your garden. The flowers can grow up to 18 inches to 6 feet in a variety of colours, including red, orange, gold, green, purple. The flower does not tolerate wet soil and shade.
- Canna Lilies: Lilies in all its form is just beautiful. Another variety of lilies is Canna Lilies which will give your garden a tropical feel. They are perennial flowers in warmer regions. Plant them in spring to give them ample time to bloom.
Add these summer statement flowers to your garden to make it one of its kind. Keep their care requirements in mind if you do not wish to see them losing their life and beauty.
Leave a Reply