CBD products have become very popular, and their usage for dogs and horses has increased over the years. CBD products for horses aim to alleviate pain and promote your pet’s health. It works on building a good immunity, appetite and regulating your horse’s sleep cycle and mood.
Before choosing the right product, consider the key factors to gain maximum benefits without any side effects.
How Does CBD Work?
Like humans, horses, too, have an endocannabinoid system responsible for various health aspects. CBD products for horses stimulate the cannabinoid receptors in the brain, improving your horse’s overall health.
The product to choose depends on what condition you want to alleviate in your horse.
Choosing CBD Products
There is a massive range of CBD products available as supplements, edibles, body care products, drinks, and tinctures that have applications for humans and animals.
Every horse is unique; therefore, before buying the CBD for your horse or any other pet, ensure that you have considered the below points.
- Size of the Animal – The dose of CBD administration depends on your animal’s size. For instance, a dog and a horse cannot be administered with the same dosage.
- Pain to be Alleviated – Whether you are using CBD for treating separation issues, anxiety, or bones and joint issues, decide what type of product you can use and in what quantity.
- Dosage of CBD – The ideal administration dosage depends on size, health issue, and product type.
- CBD Product to Use – What is the issue that your horse is facing? Does your horse incline toward some special food? Considering these factors, you have to decide the product offering the maximum advantage.
- Veterinary Recommendation – It is highly recommended that you consult your veterinarian. Describe your horse’s symptoms to them, and decide whether CBD will be a good choice based on the diagnosis and consultation.
Types of CBD Products
CBD oil is harvested as concentrated oil that’s easy to administer to your pets. So, adding a few drops of CBD oil to your horse’s treats or food is suggested.
In most cases, CBD oil is used to treat anxiety-related and arthritis issues in pets. Dogs and horses frequently suffer from separation anxiety. As they grow older, they suffer from inflammation and joint-related problems.
Administering CBD as drops or treats can relieve these symptoms and offer long-term relief. You can infuse CBD oil in the treats or sprinkle it over food.
With a pet treat, it is easy to administer the exact dosage to your horse. Suppose your veterinary doctor has suggested 5 mg of CBD for your pet and the CBD treat has the same dosage. You don’t have to worry about the ideal quantity to administer.
Some CBD topical products ease soreness and inflammation in pets. They can be appealing options for horses that develop arthritis or stiffness.
Using CBD products for horses can help you preserve and improve your horse’s health. Just make sure that you purchase high-quality CBD products specifically made for horses. Avoid low-quality products or CBD oil with higher THC concentrations, as it can leave adverse psychiatric effects on animals.