While spending a couple of days lounging at home is great, when it gets into weeks and months, this can be very stressful for a person and one way of dealing with that is to immerse yourself in a home improvement project. Aside from adding to your comfort level, you are also increasing the value of your property when you renovate and with that in mind, here are a few ideas to inspire you.
- Design & Build the Perfect Patio – It doesn’t need to be that large, a 6mx6m area would suffice and if you have double that in available space, even better. Start with a floor plan that is to scale and add items until you think it is complete; which might include hanging chairs and a hammock and with chic outdoor tiles from https://www.ambertiles.com.au/, the perfect rest and relaxation area awaits.
- Custom Shelving – Easy to do and if you tour the house, looking for places where shelving would be suitable, you will probably find a few corners where you can fit a shelf. If you are ambitious, why not enclose that space under the stairs? This will give you some serious storage space for outdoor clothing and footwear and with your DIY skills, this will be a simple task.
- Walk-In Wardrobes – The ultimate in a chic and space-saving way, you can make good use of the bedroom recesses by building fitted wardrobes and that will increase your living space when you finally remove the existing wardrobe. If you are far from confident taking on such a project, check out the YouTube videos that take you through the process step by step and you can rewind at any time. If your kids are preparing to go back to school after a long lay-off due to Covid-19, here are a few tips to make the transition a smooth one.
- Build a Kitchen Island – Providing you have enough space, why not design and build a kitchen island? Use matching materials to the current décor, which could be used as a dining centre or simply a space for kitchen storage. Of course, you can buy ready-made items, but that would mean losing the feeling of pride when you build it yourself, plus you’ll save a fortune by choosing DIY.
- Re-surface the Driveway – Those ancient pavers could do with replacing and the online supplier of outdoor floor tiles has a wide selection of both natural and man-made stone solutions that are ideal for driveways. Other options include block paving, which not only looks stunning, it is very durable and easy to clean.
- Bathroom Renovation – One of the busiest rooms in the house, your bathroom should have a luxurious feel to it and if you have a bathtub you don’t often use, remove it and put in a corner shower unit. Once you have experienced a digital shower, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it, plus you will save on water and energy, as the shower uses hot water on demand, which does not require a water tank. Source ceramic tiles online and have them delivered, along with grout and tile adhesive. Prior to arranging a project, do check with the Australian government regarding the latest Covid-19 reports, as things can change very quickly.
All of the above would provide you with a challenge and by spending your time productively, you will feel less stressed about the lockdown.