As the owner of a startup or small business, there are many considerations for you to make. Among the most important are ways to increase productivity, so that you’re able to achieve everything you set out to do professionally. Fortunately, there are many apps available that increase efficiency and eliminate the need to hire additional people to do the task for you.
The following list includes ten must-have productivity apps for startups and small businesses. That way, you have plenty of options to choose from and explore.
- GoodHire API. It doesn’t matter how brilliant your idea is for a product or service. If you don’t hire people that best represent your company, you’re at a disadvantage. GoodHire API allows you to streamline the hiring process to make sure that every candidate is the right fit for your workplace. Reference and employment checks, as well as employment skill tests, no longer need to be elusive. Working within the app to come up with a solution that allows you to get the answers you need about a candidate within 24 hours.
- Freshbooks. Keep better track of your accounts payable and receivable. The app helps you manage the invoices you create better. You’ll know precisely who to bill regularly, which clients haven’t yet paid, and even accept credit cards through the app for pop-up and tradeshow events. The app also allows you to track expenses, generate business reports, and view profit and loss statements.
- BreeZip: Opening compressed files don’t require a lot of effort. With the right Rar extractor, it takes no time at all. Considering how much bandwidth uploading and downloading multiple files takes, it’s ideal to have an app that simplifies the process. You can extract the files contained within the compressed file without holding up productivity.
- Expensify. Expense reports can be a pain. Luckily, apps such as Expensify exist to make submitting them faster and less disruptive. Uber and HotelTonight are integrated into the app, making it possible to send expenses incurred without the need for long paper trails. For less than $10 a month, you can submit unlimited receipts and accelerate the process of being paid back for what you spent during your last business trip.
- Slack. A Cloud-based app that allows you to keep all of your messages and files in one convenient location is available with Slack. It integrates with over 1,000 apps, including Google Drive, in an attempt to make tasks less taxing on you and your employees. Many startups and small businesses swear by the app. They feel that it has increased their productivity tenfold.
- Office 365. Collaborating on documents has never been more efficient than with Office 365. The suite of software apps includes popular selections such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Working with a team is possible because of the different tools and features offered within the app. If you need to pull up a presentation while on-the-go, you can without needing someone else to email the file to you.
- PayPal. Make it far easier to pay for expenses, submit invoices, and receive payments by credit card and PayPal account. If you want a payment processor that people recognize and trust, this is the app you can’t be without for long. You can even get a credit card swiper from the company that fits into the headphone jack of the smartphone.
- Google Drive. Rather than spend a great deal of time printing out handbooks and documents, why not put it on the Cloud and have everyone access that way? Google Drive allows you to store documents and invite others to view, edit, and print them. It’s a real timesaver and accessible for anyone who has a Google account.
- Amelia Timer. Borrowing its idea from the Pomodoro Technique, this timer allows you to work in 25 minute or more increments with five minute or more breaks scheduled in between each work session. The interface is beautiful, and the alarm is loud. If you’d like some added motivation to get things done, this app helps by being a very effective time manager.
- Daily To-Do List. A simplified To-Do List app, you can list what you need to do for the day and click on the task to complete it. The option to schedule tasks in advance is possible. You can also view the history of completed tasks. If you hate writing on paper because of the time it takes, this list-making app is an excellent alternative.
The more productive your startup or small business is, the more you’re able to accomplish each year. Working diligently toward your professional goals takes drive. It doesn’t mean that you can’t get some help along the way, though. Downloading the apps mentioned above is a great place to start in improving your company’s efficiency.
Making This Year Your Most Productive Year Yet
Productivity is one tap or swipe away. The apps listed here are available for iOS and Android phones unless otherwise stated. They can significantly improve the amount of output you’re able to achieve as a start-up or small business. Best of all, many of the apps are free, so you’re not adding to your bottom line by using them.