The cycle of life continues regardless of what happens and if you are one of the many hopefuls that are soon to be leaving school and thinking about a career, this is an exciting time for you. New and innovative technologies are emerging, which brings with it great career opportunities, a few of which we examine in this article.
- Machine Learning – Artificial Intelligence, or AI as it is known, offers great opportunities for a person who wants to be at the forefront of this new technology. Of course, you would need a strong background in computer science, with some coding experience, while there are university courses that teach machine learning. Many experts predict that AI is the future and if you get in at the trainee level, there is unlimited potential.
- White Glove Logistics – You could work for a leading UK company like Rhenus High Tech, who offer transportation and installation of complex technical equipment, such as ATMs, digital signage, fitness equipment and data centre relocation. You would spend a lot of time learning about the target equipment and you would have to be certified by the equipment manufacturer before you could work with the equipment, plus you have a guaranteed future, as this sector is relatively young and currently booming.
- Blockchain Developer – If you enjoy writing code, there are great opportunities for blockchain developers and while you might have to spend a few years learning your profession, this is a very stable long-term career choice, as blockchain technology is being embraced around the world. If your child is showing a keen interest in engineering, click here.
- Personal Trainer – If you are fit and healthy and enjoy working out, why not make a career out of it and become a personal trainer? There are UK learning institutions where you can take the necessary courses to qualify as a personal trainer and once you graduate, you can get some hands-on experience working at a local gym as a fitness instructor. When you feel you are ready, you can go freelance and create a strong online profile offering your services, which should be the springboard for a long and successful career.
- Robotics – Many factories now incorporate robotics and this creates a huge demand for qualified professionals to install and manage the systems. If you have a good understanding of computing and physics, with a basic knowledge of electronics and hydraulics, this would prepare you for a career working in robotics. If you become competent and are designing systems, you can expect a very high salary in a managerial position, although that would be a few years down the road.
The Internet hosts a wealth of information and a few hours of research would enlighten you about any specific career and the subjects you would need to follow that path and with a lot of hard work, you can enter the workplace and carve out a successful career in the profession of your choosing.