Worldwide, the construction industry and building materials are vital for any economy to flourish. The building material industry also is an evergreen industry. Infrastructural development, real estate development, and most economic activities are enabled and pushed ahead by the building material industry.
Building Material Industry Worldwide
The construction industry and the building industry worldwide are going through an interesting phase. When we consider the global building material industry, there is great potential for growth with improved income levels, infrastructural plans from civic bodies, and an increase in homeownership. The building industry worldwide is expected to reach 18076 billion dollars by 2025 at a growth rate of 10.59%, even after considering the impact COVID-19 lockdown had on the market.
The global building material industry is currently driven by the emphasis on sustainable construction and investments that have been made in the renewable energy sector. This has brought on many new projects with a huge potential for the building material to grow, innovate, and excel.
UAE Building Material Industry Overview
The UAE government has been constantly focused on infrastructure and real estate growth in the country. This has incentivized the building material industry in cities like Dubai and Sharjah. The building material industry in Dubai is one of the fastest-growing market segments in the country, owing to the growth of the residential and commercial construction industry. It employs close to 30% of the entire UAE’s construction and building material industry.
The Building Material in Dubai and the rest of UAE is also driven by the sustainability and smart homes movement.
Most Traded Building Materials in Dubai
Some of the popularly traded building materials in Dubai include :
- Steel – It is used in widely offshore construction, tall structure construction, infrastructure projects, and industrial projects.
- Concrete – Widely used in road works, building construction, and offshore projects as well.
- HVAC products – Products used in electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air conditioning work.
Other popular products include waterproofing chemicals, wood for furniture, joinery, and interiors, glass, and lighting products.
Identifying the right Building Material Supplier in Dubai for your Project
So, how do you choose the right building material supplier in Dubai? Follow this checklist for a simple and hassle-free vendor selection.
- Check if the building material supplier has a warehouse and International products with them
- Verify if the supplier has all the required licenses for trading and supplying the products
- Understand the payment terms, after-sales support, and the technical support provided by the company.
- If you want a long-term relationship, verify if they can source different products for you at a short notice.
Leave a Reply