JD.com is the largest retailer, both online and offline, and the world’s biggest internet company in China. The company was founded in 1998 with its headquarters in Beijing, China. They, however, have very many offices in other parts of China and many other locations in various countries across the world, such as Tokyo and New York. They also have a research and development center in Silicon Valley in California, US. The company has over 10,000 employees working in different departments and locations across the world.
The company has over 300 million customers and is rapidly expanding its customer base because the demand for authentic and high-quality products is rapidly increasing. JD is known for providing the best and genuine products across China. The company works closely with domestic brands and other top international brands to ensure they bring fresh products. They deal with products such as baby products and services, food, anti-counterfeit, logistics, drones, automation, luxury, tech, robotics, augmented reality, home appliances, and many other essential products to the Chinese and other consumers across the world.
To support their vast business, the company owns a logistic network covering every location in China from the warehouse. They ensure to deliver up to 90% of the orders the same day, and the remaining 10% is delivered the next day. Various unforeseen circumstances are the primary cause for these slight delays. This makes the company the fastest with the most reliable delivery services than any other large-scale e-commerce company worldwide.
JD.com has invested in the most cutting-edge technology shaping the retail industry’s future in China and the world. The company’s scientists, researchers, and developers are working on innovative ways for every part of the business. The development team uses artificial intelligence, big data, robotics, virtual and augmented reality, computer vision, and remotely-controlled vehicle systems, to mention a few.
Recently, JD.com launched the JD stock material center. It’s a royalty-free program that is specifically for merchants. The stock center will allow merchants and JD KOLS to access the center freely to ensure they meet all their visual needs and promote their products on JD.com. It will save them millions of RMB and protect their IPR. When the company helps in the IPR protection, it will ensure that the merchants are the only ones who will benefit from their creation. It is beneficial considering how the current development of technology has led to many people hacking and benefiting from other people’s hard work. At the same time, the product owners make huge losses and get very minimal returns and revenue.
According to JD’s projection, a merchant will use hundreds of images and fonts each, translating to them spending thousands of RMB. Additionally, looking at the cost, the merchants should also be concerned about copyright violation of their products at the design stages. The JD Stock Material Center will give more than 100 million royalty-free stock images and various mainstream fonts to help meet the online merchants’ needs.
Through Artificial Intelligence, the platform will automatically recognize any texts and images and help group the fonts by style. They have also established a small operation team dedicated to assisting merchants in finding materials to suit all their requirements.
The company’s vice president Jiandong Pei said that the company would continue to invest in protecting the copyright and develop a system that will fully facilitate copyright protection, especially for the e-commerce industry. He further said that they would advocate for continuous improvement and development of the visual materials ecosystem for communities worldwide.