Social media giveaways and contests are seen as business incentives that aim to drive engagement and social media conversations. It also aims to increase brand awareness while driving sales. Think about it, who doesn’t like free stuff? This is the biggest rule of courting, giving a little, and this article we explore the strategic aspect of it.
Here are a few tips:
1 Set Your Objectives
First, you need to identify the reasons on which the digital campaign is based. You need to know the exact results you expect to achieve. We’ve listed a few reasons:
• Drive Engagement
• Grow Your Email List.
• Increase Follower Count.
• Boost Brand Awareness.
• Spotlight You New Product Line.
2 Pick the Relevant Social Media Platform
• Specific social media platforms may be better suited for your business than others.
• Know your target audience. Figure out which platform they spend most of their time on.
3 Name Your Prize
• Make sure the reward you offer is proportional to the effort that participants have to put in.
• Remember, it’s always better when the prize is related to the brand. Don’t stress, this could be anything from loyalty points, to product samples, or membership plans. Whatever you choose, make them come back for more.
• Remember, participants want to win, but most importantly, the price should be luring.
Listed below are factors you should consider:
• Posting Schedule.
• Mode of participation.
• Winner Announcement.
5 Know the Rules
Each social media platform has different rules. So, based on the platform you’ve chosen, you’ll have to read the rules. For instance, Instagram’s promotion guidelines state that you should make it clear that Instagram isn’t directly involved in the campaign. This guideline is also applicable for promotional posts on Facebooks.
6. Use the Right Tools
Track your entries; it makes the job easier, and this means that you’ll need to use the right tracking tools. Like Hootsuite to stay updated regarding new entries. This tool will allow you to track your hashtag mentions.
Social media giveaways will help grow your brand rapidly. They boost brand awareness, engagement, and sales. However, your rewards need to motivate people to take part. Furthermore, you’ll need to invest time into promoting your giveaway; people need to know about it. If executed well, social media giveaways can create a lot of buzz for any brand.
To read more on topics like this, check out the business category.
Leave a Reply