Buying a moisturizer may seem to be fairly easy enough when you initially make up your mind that you will be buying it. However, once you walk around both the Organic SkinCare section down the aisle or browse it on an e-commerce site then you will be definitely be lost as to which one would be the best for you
So how do you find out which moisturizer is the best one for you? Here are some of the tricks that you can apply to find out the type of moisturizer you need to purchase.
Type of Moisturizer to choose from
You will definitely need a moisturizer irrespective of your skin type. For instance, if you have the skin that is always dry, the moisture you must be looking up for must be thick enough, which is the ointment.
If you have the normal skin, the moisturizer must be thinner and also must be able to hydrate the skin
Moisturizing Product Specifications
- Irrespective of your skin type, all dermatologists do highly recommend using a moisturizer with sunscreen. Also if you wish to use it on the face, it is suggested to use a moisturizer that is fragrance-free.
- Moisturizers with antioxidants may help to keep the skin looking fresh and healthy. Items having antioxidants include green tea, green tea, chamomile, pomegranate, etc. The antioxidants help neutralize the molecules that break down the skin cells thus keeping the skin intact.
- If your skin has acne, it is recommended to use a non-comedogenic facial moisturizer that does not clog pores.
- Use a fragrance-free and hypoallergenic moisturizer if your skin is very sensitive. Many experts suggest choosing a moisturizer with very few ingredients for this type of skin. This is because, the lesser the ingredients, the fewer interactions with the skin thus keeping it safe from the moisturizer’s after-effects as much as possible.
- Use a thick moisturizing ointment that has petrolatum to help mollify the skin and keep the skin agile.
Tips to get the most out of the moisturizer
- Be free to use more than one moisturizer, for instance, you can try to use a thin lotion for your face and thick cream for your body that can work out just fine for the overall skincare.
- Apply the moisturizer on your skin well before going out for a bath when the skin is still dry.
- Make sure that the moisturizer has a sun protection factor of 10 and higher. Try to use a moisturizer that is rich in vitamin A or alpha-hydroxy acid that will help you with the aging skin conditions.
What to avoid when choosing a moisturizer
- Avoid irritating specimens such as colorings and perfumes as many skin types cannot tolerate this and will instead cause adverse effects.
- Sometimes the moisturizing solution that may work other parts of the body may not work out for the face. Hence it is highly recommended to avoid facial moisturizers with popular body moisturizer ingredients such as lanolin, mineral oils, etc.
- Avoid moisturizers that have a lot of acidic contents in it such as alpha-hydroxy acids, retinoic acids, etc. If your skin is very sensitive and/or dry. This is because they can get very much into the skin and can cause skin burns and a lot of different skin related diseases.
So this is all that you will need to know when you go out to the shop next time and plan to use moisturizers to keep your skin rejuvenating. Follow the guidelines provided so that you do not get into the wrong foot while picking up the right moisturizer for your skin. If you are not sure, however, feel free to consult a dermatologist or any specialist before you proceed with buying one.
Shafiul Azam is a digital marketing specialist, who has been providing link building services for quite a long time. Apart from link building, he also provides writing services. He has been able to manage a lot of end-to-end digital projects throughout his entire career. Travelling and photography are in Shafiul’s veins.
Leave a Reply