Your staff is working with you for quite a long time now. According to you, what is the most important aspect for them? Let us guess! Their safety and security, right? So don’t be careless here because it is said that carefulness costs you nothing but carelessness may cost you your life.
And what comes first when ensuring their safety? The air that they breathe once they enter the office. It should be fresh and safe, so they feel alive while working.
Now let us dive into knowing more about it!
Air quality in the office
Do you know whether the air you breathe at your office is good or bad? It is not easy to know that. Indoor spaces are more prone to poor ventilation. You can test it by determining the concentration of carbon dioxide, humidity, and temperature in it.
If the ventilation is not proper, the productivity of the employees may get hampered. Therefore, managing ventilation in the workplace is really important. It shows that you care for the well-being of your employees.
How are employees affected by it?
It has been observed that most Americans spend approximately 80% of their time indoors. Out of that 80%, most of the time is being spent in the office. And indoor pollutants are 3-5% higher as compared to outdoor concentrations.
Taking all these facts into account, keeping good ventilation directly impacts the health of your workers. Carelessness in managing it can lead to:-
- Tiredness among the workers. Sometimes they can even suffer headaches or dizziness.
- Sneezing, coughing, or running nose.
If it negatively impacts your employees as well as the working environment, then there must be some ways to deal with it. What are those ways? Let us get started with this!
- Cleanliness is necessary – A clean working environment leads to freshness around the surroundings and reduces dust particles. Do not forget to vacuum rugs and carpets. Clean the curtains and windows. Also, declutter your desk.
- Air filters – Air filters are an important aspect here. Talking about it, their regular maintenance is required. According to reznorhvac.com, different configurations of air handlers can be used to manage your indoor environment well. Besides, change the filters after every 6-12 months. Because if the filters are clogged or dusty, it is the invitation to the allergens or pollutants.
Moreover, investing in the right products is necessary for your office. For instance – A productive HVAC system is required.
- Immediately clean the spills – More humidity and dampness results in the growth of mold. It can further cause health issues. Hence, take necessary action to prevent it. For this, it is suggested to clean up the spills immediately.
- Office plants – Plants are not only good for a healthy environment but also give an aesthetic look to your office. They absorb toxins. But that’s not all! Which gas keeps us alive? Oxygen, right? So, these plants will also produce more oxygen.
- Garbage disposal and food storage – Food is the welcome zone for pests, and it can create unpleasant odors also. So dispose of the kitchen garbage regularly. Ensure that all the employees are doing the same. Additionally, clean the kitchen and refrigerator at regular intervals.
Keeping your employees satisfied comes as number one priority. If the ventilation of the workplace is good, it will create positive vibes for them. They can work more productively and show better results. So what are you waiting for? Go and invest your time to make your inner surroundings healthy!